decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Moving On!

When my SIL was leaving on Sunday, I mentioned to her that I has a pretty empty calendar for the week...and she said, "for now". Well, she was right. By later that evening, my friend had called and we now have plans to head out of town on Thursday. Not totally sure where we will end up-so many options this time of year-but I know we will have fun. And then yesterday, I got a text from daughter #3. I had forgotten that the kids had the day off of school. The 2 youngest were home (my oldest "social butterfly" grandson was off with friends) and after going to see "Goosebumps 2", they decided to carve a few of the many pumpkins they had chosen this year and asked me to come join in on the fun. And so I did! Then, after pumpkin carving, the kids and I got in a few games of Yahtzee while my daughter tried to get caught up on the 20 or so messages that came in during the day...a decorator's work is apparently never done!  I'm guessing these guys won't make it all the way to Halloween but that's OK-there are many more where they came from on their front porch!





While I'm here, I thought we could make a quick trip into the dining room. Really not a lot of changes from last year but at least I have found something I am happy about in the niche-too bad it can't stay there all year long!


If you look really hard, you might see the little metal PB spiders hanging from the chandelier...and this just might be your last chance the get of glimpse of them. Every year, no matter how carefully I think I have packed them away, they get tangled in the most incredible knot of skinny spider legs and antennae. My patience was really tested this year! Short of putting each one in a separate bag, I see no solution!
 

I actually just noticed the large shadows that they cast on the walls...maybe they WILL be back again!






The new pillow on the love seat is a gift from daughter #3 and her family. It always amazes me when anyone can find something for me for Halloween that I don't already have. They said they got it because it reminds them of me! Lol I put it here because it looks so much like the witch in the sign-both heading to the west on their different modes of transport!.


Yep, I can kind of see the resemblance!









So that is one more room in the memory book! Still more to go. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment