decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

My Favorite "Haunt"

As much as I can get cozy in lots of different spots around my house, I go most often to my spot in the family room. "My" chair is on an outside wall so my view is pretty much of all of the rest of the room. I usually have something lit on the mantle and since this is my favorite time of year, this is one of my favorite mantles as well. Come on in.

This is the view on entering from the kitchen area.




This is my view from my chair and a half-super comfy!


Here's what you see when coming in from the pool.


This is the view from the front window towards the pool door.


 
The only change I made on the mantle is to put the clock up on the box that used to be on the coffee table. Since I have the new, round coffee table and the new large tray, there was simply no room for the box with candle any more. But, the disparity of heights always bothered me on the mantle so the "ah-ha" moment couldn't come soon enough! With the clock raised on the box, my symmetry OCD issues are put to rest-Lol. For whatever reason, it is much more balanced to me-and that makes me smile.















I had a little fun with pillows. First, I got fancy with the sequin pillow my grand daughter gave me for Christmas and then I decided that these chairs needed a pop of color. They were both fairly recent changes so you might see them in some photos and not in others-sorry.




This is my view every night and it just makes me happy!


So now that you've seen the family room from more angles than you probably ever wanted, we'll call it a day but there is still a bit more to share. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment