decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Let's Party!!

Let's party...for more reasons than one! First, as the days in October are going by so quickly, I am more and more excited about our upcoming family Halloween party but, secondly, I am ready to party to celebrate finally getting all of my decorating done. The older I get, the longer it seems to take. And, since things are stored everywhere-literally high and low-there is lots and lots of up and down the ladder and under bed searching!

But, it is ready to go so why don't we start in the living room as you come in the front door. I kept most of the decor the same as last year but there are a few things different because of changes made in the room over the year. See if you can spot them.




This vignette is the same except that I brought the broom (a gift from daughter #3 many years ago) up on to the chest next to the sign. I usually have it on the floor just leaning up against a leg but it dawned on me that not only would it not always be falling but it would also relate to my Broom Co. sign if it was a part of the display. So simple but makes me so happy.

  
This witch class photo is still one of my favorite things I've made and given as gifts.




I still LOVE our family costume photos so much. I spent the better part of a day searching for two missing years when I remembered that there were two parties where it was only family and since it was before the time of our fancy cameras, there was no one available to take the group pictures. We do have each of the families and my husband and I with all of the grand kids but I'm really sorry we missed out on the whole crazy gang those years.



Here's another change...the hat usually goes on the lamp on the blanket chest but, since I bought new lamps this year, the hat no longer fit on the new shade. Luckily this shade worked and it was serendipity as this is the display with our witch tea pictures.












It is hard to see in these pictures but I had to make another change to the creepy cloth drapes I used to have over the front windows. Before we added the trim and actually now have curtains that fully open and close instead of just side panels, I used to drape lots and lots of that cloth on the window. But, that is now impossible with the operating drapes so I managed to get a bit of it up and behind the curtains and as long as I'm careful, it is OK...not quite as special as it was but it will have to do. I was going to put the old creepy chandelier back up but this room is just a bit too busy-even for me-so I'm holding off and maybe it will make its reappearance again next year. I really was going to simplify this year but I am just so darned attached to everything that I just can't choose what to say good bye to...kinda of like having to choose which of your children to give away. Lol



That is the living room for this year. I had such a wonderful surprise yesterday when a friend called and asked if she could bring her grand daughter by to see the decorations. It made my heart so happy to see everything viewed through the eyes of a little one who had never seen it before. I had EVERY light, candle and voice or motion activated thing on and she just oohhed and aahhed her way through the whole house and yard...and then she wanted pictures taken...and then we all played Barbies for an hour,,,and then they took me to lunch...and then we finished the day with our feet in the pool. And then I got to watch the most exciting Gator win in a long time! What a wonderful day! No wonder I'm ready to party!! Lots more to show you. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment