decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Moving On With Spring

The rain hasn't started yet but it looks like it might come in soon. I'm changing my plans for the day. Instead of starting the 4th of July door hanger, I am making menu plans. I have invited daughter #3 and her family over for dinner tomorrow and since I so seldom entertain these days where I'm totally in charge of a meal ( these days we seem to share food preparing when we all come to my house - guess they're just taking it easy on me.  lol ) that I really am having fun looking through all of my favorite old recipes. I think I know where I will end up ( meatloaf, homemade mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli, fresh corn salad, cheesy Brethren's bread and a fresh strawberry cake ) because these are most of what the kids will ask for. I am trying a new dessert recipe though. The cake looks like it will be moist and the icing looks like it won't be too sweet as it is based with lots of whipped cream. Hopefully the strawberries will taste like strawberries and be sweet.

I am very excited about setting a pretty table also. I will get to use my spring dinner set and hope I can find some pretty spring flowers at the store. I have some flowers blooming in my gardens but not sure they will work with my color scheme. I am also making myself a time schedule because I'm really not used to having to get a lot of dishes all prepared and done at the same time any more. Hopefully it all comes flooding back when I get started. Lol

So, before I get back to work, I thought we could head to the family room. As I was posting these pictures I realized that they were all taken before the re-do of that VERY white finial. I put a picture of what it looks like now at the end to remind you. Now I'm kind of wondering why that VERY white remote control box on the metal side table isn't driving me crazy...it will be now. I see another project coming soon.








I think it's funny how I can always tell my least favorite decor themes. It is when I truly have very little to say. Even though spring is my second favorite season, it is far from my second favotite decorating theme. It is simple and clean and fresh and I like that but it really doesn't get me as excited as, let's just say, Halloween, 4th of July, St. Pat's, Valentine's, etc. etc., etc. I guess you get the idea.

I think there might be a little more decor to share with you on our next visit. Until then, I will be coming up with some new projects to keep me busy. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment