decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Back on Schedule...Almost?!

I'm finally home and after a few whirlwind days of taking down Easter, putting up spring and catching up on all of the things I have neglected while I've been on the road, I am finally getting back to a bit of a schedule - with room of course for any new offers that may come my way ( like picking up the "little" kids from a half day yesterday and going to get frozen yogurt and then coming home for the rest of the day where we played Barbies, computer games, crafts and then a rousing game of Scrabble ).

Our three days in Tallahassee were wonderful! I COULD NOT have ordered more perfect weather - which worked out for us as we spent a good bit of our time outdoors. We met up with grand daughter #3 who was there visiting a high school friend, got manicures and pedicures, walked the campus and saw grand daughter #2's sorority house, places of employment and favorite hang-outs like the Sweet Shop which, I must admit, was a place I would be all the time if I went to school there! Just a very eclectic place with a wonderful drink and food menu! But, I digress. Lol .

Because the weather was so wonderful, we walked and walked and walked. Wish I had one of those things on my wrist because I KNOW I would have hit the magical 10,000 steps! What those of you who don't know me may not realize is that EVERYONE in our family up to 2016 went to the University of Florida - as a matter of fact, grand daughter #1 is still there working on her Master's. FSU is our ultimate rival! All of our grand children grew up at all sorts of Gator events but, most notably football games. They bleed orange and blue. And, quite honestly, I never thought of anyone going anywhere else...until Caitlin came along. She got accepted at UF so we just "assumed" until she told us she really wanted to go to FSU. She wants a career in film making and UF not only doesn't offer that degree but FSU has a nationally recognized program. It took some getting used to but we all love her, so, if it made her happy, we were OK with it.

That being said, I held on to the notion that Florida's campus and the Gainesville downtown were unsurpassed - maybe just a little bit biased there. But, I have to openly admit that this Tallahassee campus is beautiful and the city areas around the campus are definitely "happening". And I know this because I don't think we missed any of either - especially the places that served food! We ate our way through this city. It's a darn good thing we walked so much!

After meeting up with grand daughter #3, we headed to Tin Lizzy's for a wonderful Mexican meal. Then we were off to check out the new apartment Caitlin would be moving into this summer. It is a bit farther from campus but so much larger than her current one that it is worth the trade-off. Since we had been driving a good bit of the day, we spent the rest of the night just relaxing and catching up.



We had a full day on Saturday so we were up and out early. We started the day with breakfast at Maple Biscuit - yum!


Then we were off for mani-pedis at a wonderful place right down the road. Always so nice to be pampered a bit!


Now that I think about it, we probably should have saved the pedis for after all of the walking but, walk we did!




No visit to campus would be complete without a trip to Caitlin's sorority house. Her mom was an ADPi at Florida so it was fun to compare houses. They are both beautiful and very elegantly southern!


We ended the afternoon downtown where we had appetizers at Cooshs, did some shopping and ended the night with dinner at Centrale as the night sky came in and twinkling lights came on everywhere.


Since my daughter and grand daughter had a 5 plus hour drive home on Easter Sunday, we headed out for a lovely brunch at Table 23 before hitting the road.




Even Dakota got in the spirit!


Once I got the spring up and the sun room table clear, I got to work on a new door hanger. I must say, I'm not as happy with this one as I have been with the first 3 I did but, it is on the door and I will see if I get motivated to try another. I'm thinking of doing a rain boat full of flowers - we shall see.





I know this was a long, family-filled post but as I have mentioned before, I like to use this blog as my journal. These days when I don't remember "what I did 10 minutes ago", it is nice to be able to come here to "jog" my memory. Lol Spring decor is up and I will begin getting some pictures soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment