Happy Sunday. Just popping in for a quick visit to show you what is making my heart so happy today. I think I told you that daughter #1 has recently redone her entire downstairs and the new furniture could no longer accommodate two chairs that she had that I just loved so much. I think from the day she bought those chairs I was heard saying "if you ever want to get rid of them....". Lol And, every time I visited, I made sure to reissue that statement. I'm kind of like the "Mikey" of the family-give it to Mikey....! LOL
And so, I think I always knew that some day those beauties would find their way to me. And this was the time! Of course, only one has made it so far as two wouldn't fit on her car this time as this trip was meant to get granddaughter #4 out of her apartment and relocated to a house that shar and some roommates will be living in now.
Kris, Liv, my brother and sister-in-law, grandson #1 and Liv's dad headed to Gainesville on Friday and they got the lions' share of the needed work done. I stayed home with my grand dog and grand kitten. When they arrived home that night, we ordered pizzas and just sat and visited and enjoyed the antics of the animals.
Saturday saw the three of us joined by daughter #3 heading back to Gainesville. Our job today was to cleaning the apartment and then get Liv's stuff in the house all incorporated into her room and, of course, with two interior designers in house, you had to know discussions would soon turn to decorating said house. And, of course, the list of to-dos grew by a bit! Lol I think it's looking like we will be having an "all hands on deck work day" as soon as Liv finishes her summer internship. We'll have that place looking like home in no time.
By the time we were done, we were exhausted so we headed home to my house and made ourselves comfy in the family room and no one moved until we were so hungry we had to do something! Lol Daughter #3 was able to join us as her family is scattered right now. Everyone is headed to a family wedding in Arkansas but everyone has different stops along the way while she stays here for work not flying out until Thursday and, of course, that is when I will have some other grand dogs for awhile. Should be a fun five days.
In any case, let me show you what is making me smile so broadly! You can see from here how the room looks with the new chair and still the other old one. But....




No comments:
Post a Comment