decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Almost Done

 Today is turning out to be a bit quieter than I had anticipated. I had a list of things to tackle outside and the weatherman was predicting slightly lower temperatures so I was anxious to get to it...until I stepped outside. Our temperatures might a a degree or two less but holy humidity! I spent about thirty minutes out there and had to call it! And so, I decided to take you into the family room instead.




I actually changed some things up in the shelving. I didn't use the large white vase or the "sunflower" cider jug that I made many years ago. Since I have some new rustic brown vases, I chose to put them out and cut down on the "cutesy" a bit. And, there might be a bit of a method to my madness-these vessels will be out again for my next decor swap so there will be that much less to change. Lol


I do still like this mirror that I made from two inexpensive frames from the $Tree and some "mirror effect" spray paint and a napkin.


And, once again, since I'm still using some antique gold decor items, I left out the pitcher that I did way back for St. Patrick's Day. It seems I've found a home for it almost every decor theme since. 




I'm not "feeling" that large sunflower on the hearth that I made a few years ago out of leftover wood pieces. It made this year's cut by the skin of its teeth. Lol If you see it again next year it might be in some different form-we shall see.




And, of course, my coffee tulips had to be out. I know they're not sunflowers but their color is just so pretty and they definitely fit into the theme somehow.




And, of course, the way this room looks at night.


I am off to finish up some things inside. Tomorrow two more of my grand dogs arrive and then I was surprised by daughter #2 when she asked if she could come for the weekend. I think she and I will do some fun shopping on Saturday and then be joined by my son-in-law-her hubby-for a dinner out. I love it when I am surprised by this kind of "change" in plans. My house always feels so much happier when it has family filling the rooms.

Not sure when I will be back. I think we just have a little bit of the tour left to go but, until then, stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment