decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 22, 2024

To the Kitchen We Go

 We are having a typical spring day-nice temperatures, light showers breaking into sun later this afternoon. I am actually very thankful for this rain even though it did change my plans to rake yet again. On the upside, everything looks such a perfect spring green and most of the pollen has washed away. My car is usually in the garage but, because I still hadn't gotten all of my St. Pat's packed up, it has been in the driveway for a few days and literally COVERED in yellow pollen. A quick bath for it was also on my calendar for today but that has now been taken care of. A quick swipe with a sponge before I pulled it in and it is good to go for a bit.

In any case, with Easter fast approaching, I thought we should hop into the kitchen today.



The carpenter's box holds my chocolate and cookie molds and the egg shaped cutting board that I found last year.

And then here is the bunny cutting board that I found at the same time. And I love the candle ring hanging on the handle of the other board-I can never get enough lavender-wish I could grow it. Lol Believe me, I have tried a number of times and done all of the "tricks" to make it flourish...and it didn't!

It seems like I did a number of $Tree sign makeovers last year-this one is kind of cute.

And then the free image that I decoupaged on to a canvas.


So, the cardboard "flying" bunny found a home here. And, I still love the daffodil painting that an artist friend of mine made for me for my birthday one year. I have always loved spring bulb flowers, particularly daffodils, and she told me that is because it is my "birth month" flower-who knew?




And I just found these beautiful purple tulips at the store this morning so they had to get added to the spring color mix.

So that is the kitchen for this year. I actually picked up a different-for me-craft supply yesterday so I might be starting on something this afternoon. And, what a fun day I had yesterday. Grand daughter #5 moved up to varsity for a great game against a major rival...and we won. Then it was in to the car and across town where grandson #2 was cleared to get back to play after his surgery. I must say, he came back with a vengeance and made some incredible defensive moves-and we won this one too!  Both of these kids are serious players and I am so proud of both of them.


 

If Mother Nature is my friend, I plan to be outside the next two days trying to get rid of some of these leaves but I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment