decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 9, 2024

It's All About Family

Let's head into the family room today. I don't think there are too many changes from last year's decor.  I spend a lot of time in this room and the way it is decorated makes me feel calm and happy-not much reason the shake it up unless I come up with a really special new idea.


I did end up moving the sequin shamrock into this room this year. I didn't have an easel that was the right size so I took one of the holders that I made many years ago that actually uses magnets to hold an image and balanced the canvas just so that it hung perfectly. I guess I could adhere it permanently but I might want to use either the canvas or the holder somewhere else next time, so just balancing on there will work for now.

I did add a small greenery wreath from Target that I am using as a candle ring on the large candle holder. I seem to be obsessed with candle rings these days. I do like the way they cover the bottom of the candle and I definitely love any addition to "green" in my decor. There are more of the little leprechaun hats I made last year and the"'grunged" treasure from the pot of gold.

I also added a greenery garland that I got on sale at HL. I definitely like the way it softens the edge of the mantel and you will probably see it here for the next few decor swaps. I think it will look pretty with some soft spring florals added for Easter and spring decor. I may leave it for the 4th of July-I will have to see-but then I'm pretty sure it will return for the summer decor with sunflowers. I love the way it drops down the front of the mantel. It is just kind of a generic greenery so I don't think it suggests one season or another-that's why I went with this one. I did cut that hanging loop off of the right hand side after I saw this photo-Lol.


I used to use shamrock lights and a garland of St. Pat's images that I found at Home Goods that I got back when Home Goods was just a small section of TJ Maxx many, many years ago. It's funny how tastes can change. When I first did this, I loved it. And then one day I didn't. Lol I found that felt garland at our new Home Goods and I like it so much better. It will be fun to see what next year brings.



I did this "tag" with an old $Tree sign and the images that I had left over after using what I wanted for the vintage wreath. Ink is so expensive these days that I didn't want to waste all of the images I printed but I didn't know what images I would use until I actually had them printed and played around with their placement...hence the overage.





That is the family room for this year.

 This has been another lacrosse week for us. Just when I thought I would be home every night, daughter #3 sent me a message to let me know that my JV lacrosse player grand daughter had once again been asked to "play up" onto the varsity team and had another away game that night if I would like to go with her-while my son-in-law and grandson had a varsity game on the other side of Gainesville at the same time. Once again, I made a quick change and we were off. We were a bit late arriving and by the time we got there, Presley's team held a pretty large lead. I took this one photo before the second half started -she is the one closest to us- and then right after this picture she went into full fledged offensive play mode and score her first varsity goal. Her teammates on the sidelines were so excited for her that they were jumping up and down and chanting her name. She definitely had her 15 minutes of fame. Lol

And, I never took another picture. It was late and we were tired and still needed to get something for dinner so the photo tradition kind of went by the wayside-not that I don't have enough! Lol

And then, grandson #1 had his mid-week game and I got to watch it on my Fire. It was pouring down rain but he got to play pretty much the whole 4th quarter. He is also just a freshman at the US Coast Guard Academy so we are always happy for him when he gets play time as well. Here's my sweet #1 looking a bit wet and tired.


I'm off to do a few quick catch-ups before tomorrow when my two grand dogs come to stay with me while their family is off to Park City for a skiing spring break. Those two stick to me like VelCro when they're here and I can't get a lot done so I will be probably be back to visit with you often-maybe I'll even find a new craft to try. I bought a stencil the other day and I'm thinking of trying to use it with the spackling compound-maybe something to add to my spring decor because I now have so much new for Easter that I have no idea where all of it will go. I need to get St. Pat's down and Easter up in record time so I don't think I will have the time to completely change out the family room as I was initially hoping to do-we shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.



 








No comments:

Post a Comment