decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Tempus Fugate

 Since Easter is so early this year, I don't know why I am surprised that it is coming so fast but, I am. I just realized that it is this weekend and I still have half of my tour left to go. So, with that in mind, I think we'll hit both the dining room and sunroom today.


Look carefully at the bunny in this picture and then see if you can catch the difference in the next picture. 



 For some reason, I haven't been too happy with this bunny the last few years. I kept looking at it and trying to figure out why. Those of you who are true followers may have figured it out before even I did. I am just not a fan of yellow. I don't know what that says about me because yellow is supposed to be a happy color-I think I'm happy but I will never be convinced to like yellow. I think that might be one of the reasons that I have so much trouble decorating for Easter and spring. Most Easter and spring decor includes yellow and mostly pastels-just not my liking. I do LOVE forsythia and, I do use it a bit-sparingly. But, I digress-back to the bunny. I actually thought about painting the whole bunny brown to resemble the one on the canvas but I thought that might be a bit too drastic so I painted his basket with "mineral" chalk paint and then came back with the antique wax to distress the indentations. And, I had painted the egg a few years ago but it was too harsh so I toned it down with a violet chalk paint. And then I removed the ribbons and flowers he came with and replaced them with ones more to my liking. When I looked at it next to the canvas, the ribbon and flowers colors truly complement each other and I like him a lot more.


And, of course, I still love the little bunny drawing that grand daughter #5 made for me four years ago when she was just 10.



This is where the faux tile egg ended up.



This little cutie now hangs by the door out to the pool. I had completely forgotten it when I took the original pictures.

And, of course, more pictures with the Easter Bunny.

So that is the tour for today but I will be back soon. My grand dogs are coming back tomorrow to stay while daughter #3 and her family head to CT to visit my grandson for Easter and a lacrosse game. Then on Easter, daughter #2, her hubby and his mom are coming here and bringing an Easter brunch. This will be the first year that we will be celebrating without any of the grand children but, as they get older and move farther away, we just have to cherish any time we do get to spend with them. At least I don't have to hard boil 60 eggs this year! Lol

I'll be back soon-until then, stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment