decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Can You Guess?

 I had a wonderful visit with a long time friend yesterday so my week was off to a great start. Today looked to be empty so I thought I would run a few errands. I hit my new $Tree Plus, Target and Hobby Lobby. This was the week that Hobby Lobby actually had a lot of the things that I needed on sale so I figured while I was there I might as well think a bit ahead and maybe save myself another trip or two. Can you tell what I was thinking by what I bought?

First of all, it is pretty evident that I am nothing if not predictable. My favorite colors to use for spring as complements to the tons of green that I always use for spring and Easter would be pink and violet. I know you will see lots of blues and yellows out there as well, but they are just not my favorites so I will use them very sparingly-you might see a yellow forsythia here and there though. Lol

I found a nice greenery garland for the mantle-I might even use it for St. Pat's-as well, as the green candle ring. And, while I was at it, I grabbed a few more greenery picks. And then I also got a few more of the flower picks from $Tree. I'm not usually a fan of their florals but these are actually not too bad and I might be able to use them to add to some things for Easter. It is kind of hard to do a good job shopping when you don't really know what you are going to need because you don't really know what you are going to make...but, I know what I like so I kind of guessed.

Then, I have been using a lot of the smaller flowers and was running low so while they were on sale I grabbed some of them as well as always needed things like brushes, knife blades, ModPodge and distress ink. I would rather be ahead of the game instead of not having something when I reach for it.

I also bought a bag of wax chips and that will probably be tomorrow's project. I have a "tulip" Yankee candle jar that is almost out. It always sits in front of my vase of fresh red tulips for Valentine's Day and I love it...except that Yankee Candle no longer makes that fragrance. Truth be told, it isn't even the fragrance that I love so much-it is the label on the jar that fits so perfectly into my vignette. And so, I am just going to refill the empty jar with new wax. I have candle dye and fragrance oil already so once the wax crystals went on sale, I was good to go.

I also grabbed some Spring labeled dish detergent and hand soap and that bunny you see. The bunny is a $Tree Plus item and I am going to find some way to make him over. I probably would have started that right now but daughter #3 just called and a lacrosse game scheduled for Saturday is now happening tonight so I will be off to that very soon. This is the beginning of the season for my grand daughter who has chosen to play girls' lacrosse and I'm excited to see how it goes. Since she goes to a private school that does not have a girls' ream, she is eligible to play for a public high school that does and that is what she has chosen to do. It should be a busy season!

I'll let you know as today's treasures find their way into my decor in the next few months. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment