decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Sob!!!

 Don't worry. This is going to be the next stop on our Valentine 2024 house tour but, I must first address the elephant in the room...or maybe the elephant who has finally left the room. I don't think I have had as much trouble taking down a Christmas tree in many years. Maybe that was because I knew it could actually stay up until next Christmas if I wanted and still wouldn't lose a needle. Or, maybe it was just because it was soooo pretty. I loved nothing more than sitting next to it at night and just enjoying the warmth that it exuded. I actually-for just a VERY brief moment- thought about making it an all year tree. But, honestly, that isn't really my thing-not to mention that where I have the tree blocks the door to the pool and garden. I knew that wasn't happening so, it was time to just rip off the BandAid.

And, because I didn't really trust myself to do it, I just went in there and started grabbing off ornaments and pulling off lights. I had a moment of "stop-put that right back on"...but, I didn't listen to myself and before I knew it, I had this.


And honestly, the picture from this angle doesn't even show it all! I have never had a faux tree before so I figured taking it apart would be the opposite of putting it together even though I knew that now that it had been "fluffed", it wouldn't go back to its original size. The top came off-no problem-but I could not get the next two sections apart! That is why I ended up laying it down...and still I couldn't budge it. I finally walked away for a bit before coming back and literally wrestling with it until I succeeded! It then took the rest of the day to drag it into the office where it will stay until daughter #3 can pick it up and get it to her warehouse. Of course, I also then had to address the tangle of 12 strands of lights and get them sorted plus all of the other things involved. It took me 3 days to get that tree decorated so 1 day to dismantle in comparison wasn't too bad-and, hopefully I will know more of what I am doing next year!

In any case, let's get back to Valentine's before I cave and put out St. Pat's. Let's head to the dining room.

I added the string of hearts that used to be in the living room here. I really didn't know what else to do with them and now that they're here, I love the pop of red it brings to the shelves. It's kind of fun when I make a new craft and it takes the place of another and then I have to walk the house to see where the poor displaced item can go. With all of the STUFF that I have, you would think I might consider just not using everything but, honestly, that isn't in my make-up...unless it's one of those craft fails that I seem to have a lot with Valentine crafts. Lol


I also changed up the side board a bit. I brought back the window and hung the stained glass hearts there and I kept out the silver and got rid of a few of the urns that I used to use. I like the romantic feel that old silver seems to add.



So that is it for today. Since the family room looks so bright and new without the tree, I think I'm off to do a bit of cleaning and freshening up in other areas of the house. And, I think I will be spending tomorrow out in the yard since our temps are supposed to go into the 80s. It's crazy and I know that it is way too soon to do any trimming but I'm chomping at the bit to rake up leaves, leaves and more leaves and then to tackle some of the weeds that seem to thrive even through almost freezing temperatures. I'm also dying to do some pressure cleaning so we will see where I end up-even I never really know until I get there. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.




 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment