decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 19, 2024

Enough!

I know I have posted before that I have trouble crafting for Valentine's Day. I'm not actually sure why but I just know that this seems to happen every year for this holiday. I love Valentine's Day and I love celebrating it but I just can't seem to find any craft ideas that I am passionate about. And so, I was excited yesterday to start two Valentine crafts. But now I'm wondering if I wasn't just excited to be crafting...no matter what. Because when I left you yesterday, I wasn't happy with yesterday's project and the one I did today isn't a favorite either. 

I did go back to those roses last night and at first I tried to do a dry brush of antique wax on the petals but that was a bit of a disaster...lots of blotches and dark spots. I ended up cutting some of those petals off and then using the distressing ink and the blender. I hit up most of the flowers and I am liking it a little better.


And then today I played around with the wood covered with the $Tree faux tile and came up with a leaner. Again, NOT a favorite but for today it has found a place...and I have lots to clean up before calling it a day.


Daughters #1and 3 are due home tomorrow from the Atlanta Market and it's supposed to get cold so I am planning on making another big pot of the Martha Stewart vegetable vermicelli soup and then visiting with them to hear all about all of the wonderful new trends they saw and all of the things they found for clients. Then, barring a tornado, I AM going to get my Christmas tree down on Sunday-at least fingers crossed that I will. But I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment