decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Merry 4th of Valentine's Day!!

 It finally happened!!! We were able to gather every single one of our family members together for the first time in almost a year! We have missed so many holidays together not to mention big celebrations such as graduations, birthdays, new dogs, etc.

The fun started this past weekend when daughter #1 arrived on Friday from St. Pete and her daughters arrived from Tallahassee. We went out for a wonderful lunch, off to the grocery store and then home where daughter #3 and two of her kiddos were waiting for us.

I will admit right up front that I was having so much fun that I not only didn't take many pictures but I also didn't request any "all family" or "all grand kid" pictures. The house was full. There were a lot of people not to mention dogs and even a friend. Everyone was off doing fun things and talking and catching up and I decided to let them do that and not make this holiday as formal as I would generally like. Also, it was kind of weird celebrating Christmas when my house was full of spring decor. At one point in the planning, I thought about getting all of my Christmas stuff out but, since May does not bring the same temperatures as December and that would be a huge, HOT undertaking, I vetoed that idea quickly. I then decided on just a nod to Christmas but apparently my grand daughters had other ideas and decided that we should celebrate every holiday we have missed together this past year. Unbeknownst to me, they went out to my garage and found all sorts of seasonal decor and had it all over the place. I wish I had taken pictures of all of the signs and centerpieces, but this one little picture might at least help set the scene. 

We decided to just do a nod to a tree as well, so the kids got going on that.

We had a good laugh at the presents as they have been waiting so long that many of them were covered in dust! Lol

My youngest grand daughter loves to bake...and she does a darn good job of it...so she made a batch of rolled cookies and we all helped decorate them. We didn't drag out any of the decorating tips so we did the best we could with spoons and butter knives. They may not be as gorgeous as some we've done but they sure tasted just as good. Even better maybe because who expects a Christmas cookie in May?


So here is a random batch of pictures that I have. If you look closely, I think everyone is accounted for. Definitely not our best faces forward but this weekend was just all about family, fun and love!














The week leading up to this was busy in so many ways...not the least my being invited to an award ceremony for my oldest grand son where he received a Trinity Catholic H.S. Distinguished Student award. I am so proud of the special young man that he is!

So that brings me to this week where I am waiting to see if we can find out why my car decides that it doesn't want to start every now and then. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and I will be out and about again soon. Until then, I'm staying pretty close to home. Not much exciting in the forecast but if I come up with something, you'll be the first to know. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment