decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Happy Memorial Day...through 4th of July!

I have been back for almost a week and really don't know where the time has gone. I did have hair dresser and doctor appointments but, I guess the rest of my week has been spent getting the house ready for the next round of holidays. Plus, I am dog sitting while daughter #3 and family are at the beach for the holiday. I guess I spend a lot of time with any of my grand dogs when they are here. I always had a dog in my life and I do miss having one although I am wise enough to know that I am too old to take on another dog. I love big dogs and that means lots of big care and costs. So, when any of the grand dogs are here, I tend to spend a lot of time with them. Guess all of that answers where my week has gone.

In any case, here is the beginning of the tour, I haven't made it to a garden center yet, so my porch planters are having to make due with some of the red, white and blue plants I could gather from around the yard.





I think it is true that what everything old will be new again. I made this fire cracker many, many years ago as my family gift that year, I really don't even remember where I saw the idea but, suffice it to say that it has been around a long time. Imagine my surprise when I saw almost the exact same thing as a craft post idea the other day. If I remember correctly, it is a paper towel roll covered in a download of the Declaration of Independence. The round ends and star are cut from cardboard and glittered...as is the #4. I made the medallion from folded card stock, printed the JULY and 1776 tails and added a 4th of July embellishment I had in my scrapbooking supplies. Then, I popped a hole in the top and stuck in some fancy 4th of July tooth picks. It had a lot of steps but none of them were difficult...and now I'm glad I hung on to it.

Here is where one of my new Uncle Sams ended up.











So that is pretty much the living room for this year. You definitely can't miss the fact that it is decorated for patriotic holidays...Lol. I'll be back with more soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment