decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Let's Eat

We are moving into the kitchen today. This is actually the time of year that I really enjoy my time in the kitchen. I love making home made soups, pastas, casseroles and anything pumpkin! And so, of course, I am even happier when it has a touch of the season.


All of the usual dinner ware is out and ready for some company.








I'm always happy when this beauty is on my stove!


This little oil painting was a gift from my mom. When my grand daughter gifted me with a clay horse she sculpted, I knew it would look just like part of the scene on this shelf over the sink.




 This bouquet of mums was made from the ones that broke off of the 6 huge pots of mums I bought the other day as I was getting them planted in their urns.


So that is my quick post for today. I just got home from a weekend in Gainesville and St. Augustine. I headed to G'vlle. on Friday and got to spend some time with my brother and sister-in-law before meeting up with daughter #2 for a pedicure and then back to her house for the night and a visit with my son-in-law.

Early on Saturday, we headed to St. Augustine where her daughter (my grand daughter #3) is starting her senior year at Flagler and moving in to her first apartment. Her first two years were in the dorms so this was an exciting step!



After visiting for a bit, we were off to downtown for a wonderful lunch and a stop at a local cupcake shop.


And, when you get three women together-at least three in my family-there is bound to be some shopping. Can you guess where my favorite stop was ?


We had a lovely visit but had to make it back to Gainesville in time for the Gator game. And, of course, while I was gone I missed both of my grandsons' football games. Guess there's always next week. Lol Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment