decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Ahhhhh Autumn!

I swear I get down right giddy the first time I can label a post "autumn"! Summer is just not letting up around here so I just had to pull the plug and now, I've got the best of both worlds. It is still plenty hot enough to enjoy the pool outside but it is twenty degrees cooler inside-or at least it feels and smells like it is!

So, welcome to autumn 2019. We'll catch the front porch and living room today.


Look at these gorgeous mums! The only place in town that has them yet is our local garden shop but they are beauties so well worth the extra effort and cost!





I had forgotten to put out the velvet pumpkins I made for the last couple of years until a friend of mine sent me a picture of some that she is making and I went and found where I had stored my "patch". I had forgotten how many I made but they are out this year and you will see them around the house as we move to other rooms.





I had also forgotten about the old jugs but when I needed something for this lower shelf, they were sitting on the garage shelf yelling "take me", take me"! I bought them many, many years ago at a local antique shop and have used them in many ways ever since.





It must be the tin and rust but that little pumpkin still speaks to me.







So that is it for the living room. Nothing new but some things moved around and a few "oldies" brought back out. We've got lots more to go so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment