decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Halloween Project Done!

So, after thinking I would be doing painted Halloween pillow covers as gifts this year, I was not happy with the one I tried and really not sure where to go from there. So, I changed course and went the silhouette route. I showed you the witch silhouette from Tim Holtz. I simply made a similar pattern, reduced it in size a bit, traced it on to black card stock and cut it out.



I also found a decorated copy of "The Raven" and thought I might like that as the background but, I also tried it on other Halloween papers as well. Even though I really liked the look of the brighter papers, I decided to stay with just the black and white. I think it will fit better into everyone's decor and I love the look of the poem.

 
I headed straight to HL for the frames because that is where I usually find my frames but they didn't have anything I wanted this time. They did have one closer to what I was looking for but just one. I went ahead and got it then went to WalMart where I was surprised to find exactly what I wanted. I wanted a plain black frame-nothing fancy because this isn't a fancy kind of thing-not too thick, not too thin, just right Goldilocks. Lol


Then, simply a matter of cut, paste and slip into the frames.



There is a good chance I will find more ideas for Halloween that I will want to try but, if not, this coven is ready to go.

 I can't wait for my next post. I got all of my autumn up today. I still have some sunflower things to pack away and some fresh flowers to buy before I will share but I am so excited to be living with leaves and pumpkins I can't even stand it. I know I say this every summer but this has been the HOTTEST, RAINIEST one yet! I am so over it! It is pouring outside as I write this but it is autumn inside. Candles are lit and pumpkin spice fragrance is all around... and I am happy! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment