decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Time on my Hands

So I'm back before I thought I would be. I'm actually pretty much on top of what all I need to do before I head off on my adventure and the things that aren't done are things that need to be done right before I leave...and so, here I am on a cloudy Saturday morning not wanting to start any new projects and time on my hands. And, that usually means I will come visit with you for a bit. I think I only have two more posts for my autumn decor but, when I return, I'm pretty sure I will have at least several posts of photos to share so I thought I'd just go ahead and take you into the family room today.

This is where the new vase with the preserved leaves ended up. The leaves took up more room than I realized so it kind of needed a spot large enough for it to spread out. I actually like it here. In the late afternoons when the sun is shining through this window, the leaves actually glisten and reflect on the glass of the photo and it is beautiful.


I'm so glad I added the flowers to the mantle. I did it so that the small pumpkin flower arrangement I made (that is in the TV unit) fit in a bit more and made sense but I ended up really loving how the soft colors kind of soften the feel of the whole room.





I'm really happy that I got all of this decorating done because now that I will be gone for a bit, it will be so much nicer to come home to autumn instead of being reminded that it is still so hot everywhere!

And, before I leave I thought I would update everyone on my growing family as well as my seasonally inclined grand daughter's growing family. Lol First, let me reintroduce you to Audie who is one of grand daughter #2's fur babies. I had to laugh out loud when this message came through. That cat must have gotten lots of treats to sit there with that humiliating thing on her head. Lol This is the same grand daughter whose dog wore that hysterical "old lady" costume ALL of Halloween night last year!

And the new addition to our gang belongs to daughter #3 and her family. He is a 1 year old Labradoodle who needed to be re-homed and they couldn't say no. He seems to be doing well getting along with Hazel but I'm not sure the cats are so happy to have him. You can usually find them on their perches looking out instead of what is happening in this picture. Lol

I haven't met him yet but I hear he is very sweet and fitting in pretty well. 


So that's it from here. Pretty sure I won't be back before my trip...unless that tropical depression has something different to say. Stay safe and stay tuned.








 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment