decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 1, 2023

Seize the Day!

 Wow! I made it through last week! This week doesn't look anywhere as busy but, of course, I do have some chores that I neglected doing last week so, before I get any further behind, I thought I would take you out to the sunroom. And, alas, once again the sunroom has the most minimal decor because we use it so much. That being said, just the natural decor of the sunroom kind of lends itself to spring because this is where the majority of my live plants do their best. I have always felt that every room that can should have a bit of something living-it's what makes the house feel alive. My daughters, who I don't think really ever accepted that theory, have all come around and live plants are now becoming a necessity in their homes as well. Dare I say "mama knows best"? Lol I will admit that there are just some places where nothing will see the light of day and grow so I have been known to sneak in a good faux here or there.




As I said, nothing to really get excited about-just a few nods to spring.

If you aren't tired of hearing me brag about my incredible grand children, bear with me one more time. I have seven grand children-and, each one of them has not only brought so much love and joy to my life but also so much pride. Everyone one of them has had their turn for the accolades that came their way as they completed their years in elementary, middle, high school and college-it just so happens to be Harrison's right now.

I recently posted about his scholarship to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy and have posted about his football awards and other achievements when they were happening. And now, we are finishing up lacrosse season. I am so blessed to have him living so close and to get to be included in all of these family times.

Friday night saw us off to Eaton's Beach on Lake Weir where the team had the upper level of the Sandbar Grill for their banquet. We were so lucky because after a week of "weird" weather", the night was perfect. We looked out at the water and enjoyed the most beautiful sunset as the night wore on.

Both of my grandsons play on the Trinity lacrosse team. Hudson is a freshman so he received his varsity letter and was very proud of his efforts this year...he was a starter at most of the games.

Harrison is of course a senior so he was recognized for that as well as receiving once again what I think is the most prestigious of the awards, "The Heart and Soul" award. This award-just like the one he received for football-goes to the player most representing the team on and off the field! The coaches spoke so eloquently-not something I always associate with a coach-lol-about Harrison's character and his unselfish giving to the other players, the coaches, the fans, the whole team and his school. They spoke about so many things they have witnessed that even I didn't know about.

Har was one of their best scorers but the coaches said he could have scored so many more if he hadn't been so generous in handing off the ball and allowing others a chance to score as well! He also spent countless hours before and after school coaching the younger boys who will be stepping up to fill his shoes next year. If my heart wasn't swelling before all of that, it certainly was after! And, once again, the tears wee flowing! This is a super good kid! But, as his Nana, I am supposed to feel that way. When so many others continue to echo those feelings, my heart is happy!

And, once again, they handed him the mike and he was off! In true Harrison style, he used it to thank everyone else for all the things they have done to support him over the years!





That brings you up to date on me. I'm off to see if I can't get a few things off of my list but I'll be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment