decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 26, 2023

Breathing Again!

 I have made it through all of the wonderful festivities that have been happening in our family the last few weeks! We have had sports banquets, award ceremonies, "passing of the light" ceremonies, graduations and a celebratory/going away party!! It has been exhausting but so exhilarating at the same time. Our family was recognizing two major life changes in one family-graduating from middle school to high school for Presley and graduating high school and, in this case, on to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy for her brother, Harrison!

Several days saw two ceremonies each for us but, I don't think any of us would have missed one of these occasions!

I have shared Harrison's events so today I am sharing his sister's. Presley started her week with the award ceremony where she was presented her honor society cord.


The next day came baccalaureate-which was also a "passing of the light" ceremony where the 8th graders present candles to the upcoming class. It is always a bit of a tear jerker as you are reminded yet again at just how quickly time is moving. This little one who "just" graduated from pre-school is now heading to high school!




 


And then we had graduation on Tuesday. It was a bit of a rainy evening so we didn't get to do as many pictures as we would normally do. I'm guessing Presley was happy that photo ops were over a lot faster than usual. Lol




It was a late evening but these two (Presley and her best friend forever) convinced us to stop downtown at the local chocolate and ice cream shop for a celebratory milkshake.

Since then, I have been decorating for the 4th of July and am almost ready to share. Daughter #3 and family head out of town tomorrow for 9 days so I will have my fur friend here with me and we will look in on the cats as well but, that aside, I think I am ready to get back to crafting and decorating...and I bet you are ready for that too. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.













No comments:

Post a Comment