decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 22, 2023

I Couldn't Help Myself!

Here I am...I'm at it again. With my mile long list of to-dos growing by leaps and bounds, I am still finding ways to avoid tackling it at all costs. I kind of have an excuse. I'm dog sitting this weekend and I had planned to begin my pressure cleaning but, with my little shadow here, I could not be outside without her and with her, she would probably be in the way more than not and present more of a trip hazard than the process already is. There are a few smaller tasks I might still take on but once I got the bee in my bonnet on the 4th of July wreath, I couldn't stop myself.

I started pulling the vintage images yesterday. I already had a lot from previous projects so all I needed to do was print them on to card-stock paper. Then, because it is just so much easier than the foam core base, I decided to once again use the metal wreath form from the $ Tree. I do step on it to flatten it. That makes the picture placement so much easier.

I got the images cut out and sort of arranged before calling it a day last night. This morning I started by taking a picture so I would have my reference point once I had to remove everything to wrap the wreath. The sun was shining a lot in the sunroom today so the picture isn't great but it was able to at least guide me a bit when it was time to assemble.


Of course it was at this point that I realized that I was using two of the same images so everything had to be moved anyway...but first, I wrapped the wreath form with some strips of red fabric that I had in my stash.


And then, the truly hardest part of this project begins-the adhering of the images once again. Everything seems to keep shifting and moving and there is lots of placing and replacing but, I think I'm OK with this. This is not where or how I will use the wreath but there was an empty nail so it served the purpose. I will probably add a wide ribbon hanger and, even though I'm not crazy about the back being reflected, it will probably go over a mirror.


 And, just as I was about to end this post, I realized that this would be a holiday where red, gold and blue glitter would probably be appropriate so back I went. With all of the sparklers and fireworks of the holiday, the glitter was just needed. I actually see a few more places where I will be adding just a bit more before actually hanging this for the tour but, for now, it is good.


I'm off to brush my FURRY friend before having some lunch. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment