decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Catching Up!

 I can't believe that it is Sunday and I am just getting back to get the rest of my vacation documented. When I last posted, daughter #1 and I were just leaving Savannah and headed to Charleston to visit with grand daughter #2. My plans had been to take lots of pictures this time but, again, I got so caught up in our fun that I just didn't do it.

Caitlin had made reservations for a restaurant she wanted us to try on Friday evening and it was wonderful-modern Italian fine dining. We shared a burrata caprese appetizer and then Kris and I each got another lobster gnocchi dish and Caitlin got chicken wrapped in soppressata and stuffed with mozzarella served on asparagus risotto-no pictures of people...just food. Guess you can tell where my mind was! Lol


We spent most of Saturday running errands so we could help Caitlin with some things around the house and buying food so we could stay home and cook the rest of the visit-although we did give in to a late lunch as we had just had coffee for breakfast and were finally hungry again after last night's fabulous meal.

We actually went to Bad Daddy's Burger Bar and even though I don't eat beef, it was delicious. I was able to build whatever Impossible burger I wanted and I went a little crazy!

On our way home we took a small detour and went and found the houses from Rock the Block season 2 that were right in Summerville. Summerville is outside of Charleston and actually where Caitlin lives. It was so fun to see the houses and then we went home and watched the series as Caitlin hadn't seen it yet.

We had a pretty laid back Easter. We cooked, visited, played games, re-planted all of Caitlin's flower boxes and trimmed a bunch of shrubs. After so many busy days, it was exactly just what we all needed. We missed grand daughter #4 but she was knee deep in senior year school projects at FSU and Charleston is a bit of a drive for her from Tallahassee. 

Caitlin has the sweetest dog, Dakota, and just adopted a feral cat, Audie. The cat is beautiful and fitting in so well but, after an astute observation and trip to the vet, it was discovered that she is expecting 4 kittens in just 2 weeks...not at all what Caitlin bargained for but she is an animal lover so all will be well-no matter how it plays out. She swears she will find good homes for all of the kittens but we shall see. Lol


 And, while I was off in Savannah and Summerville, daughter #3 and her family were up in Connecticut where my grandson officially committed to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. 

They got the low down of just what the life of a cadet will be-especially his first year and, it didn't scare him away so I guess it's a done deal. He leaves in June and will be sailing on the Eagle-a ship with quite a history. They had a chance to tour the ship. It's almost 300' long so I guess it can weather but weather but Nana still has some trepidation of him being out in the ocean on that old ship...and, totally incommunicado!






Home for the next 4years.



Both Hudson and Presley are so proud of their brother and are going to have a hard time saying good-bye...but not as hard as Mom and Nana! He's ready and going to be fine but it is still so hard and we are going to miss his larger than life personality so much!!

Good bye mullet.

And, he'll be close to so many beautiful places-if he ever gets any free time-including Taylor Swift's house.


 

It is always so hard to re-enter real life after a vacation but I had to hit the ground running...lacrosse games, dentist appointment and the beginning of plans for decorating the venue for my grandson's graduation party...and, somewhere in there, I managed to get Easter down. I'm hoping to get the last of it put away tomorrow and then I will start posting my spring decor.

We had our last regular season game on Thursday in Gainesville. Daughter #2, her hubby, my brother and my sister-in law were able to join. We didn't get a win but we were kind of prepared for that. But, we are still going to state championships which start next Saturday in Pensacola. Apparently the TV news camera was there because my brother caught this picture of some of us while he was watching the late news.

 This week isn't looking nearly as busy as last so I am hoping I can finish getting caught up and then get started on some spring maintenance outside before the heat really gets here! Stay safe and stay tuned.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment