decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

It's Gonna Be a Bumpy Ride

This has been an interesting week around here to say the least. I live in Central Florida and Hurricane Dorian has been visiting for the last 10 days...so to speak. That is when we first started getting updates that this very strong and unpredictable storm could be coming our way...or any one of a dozen other ways. But, when you have lived in Florida for as long as I have and have been through as many hurricanes as I have, you learn quickly that it is better to be safe rather than sorry. Mother Nature is not to be taken lightly. And so, when my brother and sister-in-law came down to attend my grand son's high school football game, they helped me move all of the furniture, planters and decorative items I have out in my yard (no small task) to safety!

We have watched this storm closely over the last week and especially as it stalled over the Bahamas at winds of 180 mph and realized we were glad we had taken heed. This is a storm to be reckoned with and defied all odds-which, made predicting very difficult. It is now Tuesday afternoon. I just returned from the hairdresser and the sun is shining brightly. We did have a few showers this morning and a few more are predicted for this evening. Dorian is finally moving now and it looks like it won't touch the coast of Florida at all so I am having to fight with myself to not go out and start setting everything up again. I'm trying to convince myself to wait for the "all clear" just in case but....we shall see.

In any case, I thought I would move along with my autumn house tour. I think it's time for the family room. I just can't tell you how much I love the house once the leaves, pumpkins and color orange are spread about. It gives me such a sense of serenity...even in the midst of Dorian!





I'm still loving my pumpkin painted for me by my very talented friend, Julie Shealey.



Every time my youngest grand daughter visits I find another "picture" made for me on the sequin pillow my oldest grand daughter gave me for Christmas. I am always impressed with her patience because it is not easy getting these sequins to turn just the way you want.


I should have retaken this picture as every bud on this mum is open now and it is beautiful!




This is the view from my chair in the evenings...ahhhh!


I thought I would post a few pictures from my grand son's most recent football game. I am so proud of this young man. He is a freshman in high school but playing on the varsity team. He does all of their longs snaps and plays linebacker and end as well. In fact, he made two pretty crucial tackles the other night and what a thrill it is to hear his name and number announced over the loud speaker. I will admit, it makes me a bit more nervous than when I attended all of the games to watch my daughters cheer but I am beginning to get used to it. And, he loves it so much that I think it may be in my future for many years to come!





And, the final score of the evening!



And, while I'm at it, I thought I would show you this beauty. Sure hope it remains if we get some heavy wind gusts.



I'm off to see if Dorian has changed course but, if not, the pool furniture might just be coming back. After all, it is nice enough out there right now to be in the pool! Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment