decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 28, 2018

I Can't Believe It's Over!

I know I say this every year, but I really can't believe it is over! As usual, we know how to stretch out a celebration...and our 2018 Christmas was no different.

It began with the Christmas Eve church service and a wonderful dinner with the Hollands. After Santa's visit to everyone's' houses, the gang all began gathering in Ocala and we were once again at the Hollands for a lovely day-unfortunately, I was once again enjoying myself so much that I never took one picture.

And then on Wednesday morning, my brother and sister-in-law were able to join us all and we had brunch and present opening at my house. I pretty much turned my camera over to my grand daughter, so what I have to share was all taken by her.

I am always asking for our traditional Nana and kids photo that I can send with my cards. Some years we get them taken as early as Thanksgiving and I am ahead of the game. This year that didn't work out so we did it after presents. I must say they were all pretty co-operative but since so many people are snapping shots as well, it is nearly impossible to get us all looking at the camera with smiles at the same time. This was as close as we came and I'm good with it!


Christmas Eve with the Hollands




Christmas morning at each of their houses.





And then the wonderful chaos at my house on Wednesday! I love these faces. And I just realized that there were also 2 more dogs here...guess they were camera shy!
















And, it takes an act of congress to get a serious picture of me with my girls...this is only a representation of the ones taken to get to the final shot.







And lastly, two "willing" participants!
 

Everyone left yesterday and my house is too quiet! It has been such a busy month that I think I am going to embrace the quiet and try to catch up on Hallmark movies while I can. I don't take Christmas down until January 1 but you can be sure that I am already thinking of Valentine's Day decor! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment