decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

So Much To Do...

...so little time!! Am I never happy?? I seem to go from complaining about being bored while I am homebound with hubby-well, not physically bored because there is always much to do when you are nursing someone through a surgical re-hab-but craft and decorating bored. There were things I wanted to do, but couldn't get out to buy the supplies. And then, just when I can start to be out and leave him alone for a bit, I find myself with soooo many things I want to do, but now so little time!

You see, we have made a change of plans to our traditional 4th of July. I have posted many times about our celebrations at daughter #3's home in Gulfport. It is on the water and we have the luxury every year of floating in the pool or lounging on the deck while the fireworks go off right over our heads! It is perfect and we love it!!!
















Unfortunately, it is several hours away and the one thing that still gives my husband discomfort (aside from his PT) is sitting still for any length of time and not being able to stretch out his leg-and that is exactly what he would have to do in my car. Plus, just the turns and bumps to the doctor's office, got his attention. And so, we decided that we would have to forgo the trip this year. Then, daughter #2 and her family decided that they couldn't make the trip either as her hubby had to work Friday A.M. and her daughter has to work on the 4th. Daughter #3 and her family had already bowed out as they are heading on vacation on Friday A.M. So, that left those of us up in this area with no celebration. What's a girl to do but offer up her house for just such a thing? And so, it is on for our house this year!

And, even though I hosted our 4th celebrations for many years, I feel like I am a bit rusty. I ran out for a bit yesterday and bought tons of food that I will now turn into potato salad, baked beans, pasta salad, Paula Deen's totally decadent brownies and home made chocolate chip ice-cream. The rest of the menu will be brought by others. I am actually very excited about getting back into the kitchen-but of course, I have another appointment today, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

And then, I bought some new outdoor cleaning supplies because I have truly neglected the pool and all of its furniture-but, that too will have to wait until tomorrow.

And then, I haven't really done any inside cleaning of late, so that will go on the list for tomorrow.

 And, when I went looking for all of the outdoor "party" decorations for the 4th, they are MIA, so I bought some and will be making some, but that will have to wait....

And so, tomorrow is stacking up to be a pretty busy day. But I am really excited about it. I do my best work under pressure-and, if truth be told, this is the kind of pressure I love-decorating, party planning and company. What could be better-well, yes, I guess traveling to St. Pete and being "waited on", but I already put in my RSVP for next year. Until then, I will revel in the fact that hubby gets stronger and stronger every day and hopefully will be discharged next week and we will be back to "normal"(?)!!

Thought I would leave you with just a few of the ideas I didn't get to this year...









Just realized that I can probably whip up that last one for some outside candles, but, alas, the rest will have to wait til next year. Oh well, something to look forward to. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. FYI - I am Daughter #1, not #3! I take offense as I have completely earned that title plus, it may be incredibly confusing to all your readers!

    ReplyDelete