decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Wearing of the Green

I know it is still February, but you know my house has been decorated since I took down my Valentine's Day stuff so let the tour begin!

I am in love with the Pottery Barn spring catalog. I could literally jump into the pages and live there. But alas, we don't have a Pottery Barn nearby and there isn't a trip to one planned for the very near future, so this vignette is as close to a page from the catalog as I can get right now.

The olive jar is from my last trip to PB but anything else new was found at Hobby Lobby or Home Goods. The large candle holder is one of a set I bought at a local interior design store here in town. It looks like a piece of architectural salvage - a look I love.


As you can see, I am still using the mercury glass that has been out since Christmas. I love to use it for any occasion I can...especially if it means one less thing to pack up!


The rest of the room is pretty straight forward. The cloche holds a little "story of an Irish dancing girl". I downloaded a picture of an Irish lass and then added my little statue, some glittered shamrocks tied with some holiday ribbon, a fedora, some gold coins and scattered shamrocks. As I was posting this, I realize that I have already changed the coffee table. I found several bird cages at HL the other day for 50% off and just had to have them. One of them now resides on the coffee table. I will take another picture and post it soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment