We are having yet another dreary, rainy day so I thought we could take a peek at the kitchen while we have to be inside. The lighting was terrible so these pictures leave a bit to be desired but let's go any way!
It is pretty obvious in my house that Halloween has been a favorite holiday and also one with the most photo ops. I have framed and unframed pictures everywhere and I just can't help but try to squeeze in as many more as I can.
I love the way this gift picture from daughter #1 fits right in with the gold lamp and candlestick. It adds a touch of class to my otherwise kitschy decor. Lol
And I still love this guy so much. I bought him many, many years ago at a Hallmark store-back when there were Hallmark stores (ours has been gone for awhile) and when they carried tons of holiday decor as well as cards. As I was decorating this year I realized just how much I used to get at those stores. Hallmark, Pier 1 and Bombay Co. were a few of my favorites and I still miss them all.
In case you're wondering what that is hanging from the window frame, it is tarragon that I am drying. My plant was overflowing and I don't use a lot of fresh tarragon but I love the look of the plant and the fragrance of the leaves so when I can find one, I keep it growing as long as possible and cut it back and dry it for storing so that I will have it when I need it. I love it in tuna and pasta salads.
Daughter #1 had to make an unexpected trip up to SC before she heads to High Point so my grand dog came a week early and he's here checking up on what I'm doing because to take this picture I am standing very close to where his food is kept and I guess he thought I was forgetting that he had already eaten this morning and was going to fill his bowl. Lol
That is the kitchen for this year. I think I am off to let my furry friend out for a bit between rains and then grab some lunch. Our weather looks to be wet through the weekend so I might be back sooner than I would expect but we shall see. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment