decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 5, 2026

Best Laid Plans

 Today was supposed to be my first day back working in the yard since I finished up Halloween decorating. And, that is exactly where it started. Since I had put so much time into the yard right before I started on my decor, I wanted to make sure I maintained what was done. It is so much easier to spend a little time every now and then keeping weeds in check than to wait until they have taken over again.

And that was my plan on how I would begin the day. These guys are my heroes.



I think they are called circular hoes? In any case, I have had the handheld one forever. In fact, I have used it so much that I have pretty much worn off the "teeth" on the circle but it still works. And then my cousin told me about the "big brother". I didn't know there was such a thing. Between the two of them-as long as I haven't let the weeds just completely take over-I can pretty much get the job done. The big one is great for large areas and I use the small one when I have a lot of other plants amongst the weeds.

In any case, I got most of the backyard weed free when I came in for a quick lunch and by the time I was ready to head out with the ladder to tackle cutting down lots of overgrown vines, the thunder was here-much earlier than usual so I am hoping maybe that means it will be done soon and I can get back out there in temps that might even be a degree or two cooler because this morning, it was HOT!

And so, that brings me here and I thought maybe we could start our 2026 Halloween tour. I didn't get pictures of the porch in time so, once again, we will start inside and come back outside later.



I really still love that witch sign that I found last year at $Tree. The living room is pretty much decorated with two themes-witches and "The Raven"-and I like to bring as much of each everywhere I can. The sign was cute the way it came but once I added the ravens, it was perfect!


I brought the witch's shoes and broom in here from the mirror over the family room mantle. I switched that up this year but it may actually change before I show it to you so, we shall see. Sometimes things I think I am going to love just don't pan out. Lol
 






As much as I try every year, I just can NOT not put out our pictures of our Halloween costume parties. I can't even begin to tell you how often these pictures are picked up and looked at over the month that they're here.




So this side of the room is pretty much witch territory. These are pictures from a witch's tea we used to go to in Tampa every year.


Once we turn the corner, "The Raven" and Poe begin to mix in with the sign, pillows and statues.
 






And by this point we are pretty much all "Poe". I did change this vignette up a bit because I wanted the new raven framed picture here. And, I just realized that I forgot to put batteries into the "raven sitting on skull" because his eyes are usually all aglow! Lol



So that is the living room for this year. Not sure when I will be back. I have some errands to run tomorrow and then my brother and sister-in-law are coming on Wednesday but I have more to show you so until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment