decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Getting to the Home Stretch!

I am still running behind-not the first cookie baked, no cards out and, the few gifts that I have bought are still not wrapped. But, it really isn't bothering me too much. We have simplified our Christmas the last few years so I really don't have a lot of shopping to do, I can send cards after Christmas when I can include photos with the family that we take this year and, I don't like to freeze my cookies so baking them next week will be no problem. And so, after making another big pot of Martha Stewart Vegetable Vermicelli soup, I find myself here and figured I might as well get the last of this year's tour posted. All we have left is the bathrooms and bedroom-even though my guest rooms will be full this year, I cut back on my decorating in there and simply added Christmas pillows to the mix. I might zhuzh them up a bit this week if I find I have time on my hands.

So, let's head to the guest bath.






 And, as always, just a nod in the master bath.



I like to do a bit in the master bedroom as well and now that everything is on timers, it is so easy!

And, of course, the extra surfaces in the bedroom serve as more photo op areas!

I can't believe that that is the last pictures of the last home tour of 2023. We are expecting some sort of large weather front today bringing in lots of rain-and hopefully not much lightening or wind. I am going to tweak the tree a bit more and then enjoy my soup while watching a few more Christmas movies today. I had a wonderful, busy week but perhaps the highlight was on Wednesday at the luncheon daughter #3 had for her two friends-from 2nd grade on-and their moms. The girls were close and always at one of our houses-especially one of the girls who just lived around the corner. She was in my Brownie troop, her mom did all of our ceremony cakes, her dad laid my new tile floors and we were co-room mothers many times. It was unbelievably wonderful to sit and reminisce with all of them and really makes you cherish all of those times and memories!



These two are so special and boy were there some tales to tell! Lol

So that's it for today. I'll be back when I get some baking going. I hope everyone has a wonderful week-stay safe and stay tuned.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment