decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Too Much Time on my Hands?

 So yes, this may come under the category "too much time on my hands" but I prefer to think of it as the "I love this too much to part with it" category. My brother and sister-in-law gave me this flag as a birthday gift many years ago. In fact, it was my first flag ever-except for the American flag-and quickly got me hooked and I was on the search for a flag to fly for every holiday/season. For a long time, they were easy to find almost everywhere but now I know of only a few places locally where I can find them and, even though I knew this one was fading more and more every year and I was kind of keeping an eye open, I never found one I liked as much. 

And so, I thought I could repaint this one as I did my Thanksgiving flag a few years ago. The only difference was that that flag was pieced and the areas of paint were like coloring in a coloring book-if you didn't go out of the lines, you were good!

This flag was more like a water color painting and, the more I tried to stay exactly where their color was, the more it looked like I was  making a mistake and painting in the wrong places. Since I knew I could never totally replicate the original, I just went with it and I think once it is up and flying, it will be just fine! You can see here just what a toll the Florida sun took on this beauty.


I also got a table repainted with chalk paint that has been on the to-do list for a very long time. Yay me! Daughter #2 is coming down for the day tomorrow so at some point I need to do a quick clean up but, the sunroom got COMPLETELY finished yesterday..but, that won't last long because my little furry friend is back for another visit while her family is in south Florida for a lacrosse tournament. Just when I got all of the dog hair vacuumed up...sigh...

So that is pretty much my day-it is pretty chilly here today and looks like we might hit freezing again the next few nights. Welcome winter! Stay safe and stay tuned.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment