decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Let's Get This Done

Since Easter is right around the corner, I need to get you through my house. I had also hoped to show you some of my amazing Easter crafts but, sadly, that won't be happening because there aren't any! I think the planning for NYC, the actual trip and the huge job that is my yard may have taken away any time that could be used for crafting. I am sad because I love to get my hands dirty...but then again, the gardening seems to be more than making up for that - ha ha!

So without further ado, let's get this done.









Still loving the Peter Rabbit sign I made last year!





I had a few bags of eggs that I usually put in something more traditionally Easter (like a basket) but this year I saw this garden pot in the garage and LOVE how it looks for a change.





Not much to change up in the guest bathroom.



The older I get, the more I LOVE large decor items instead of little tchotchkes. I found these candle holders at Kohls. Together they came to $140 but were on sale for 50% off. I  had a coupon for an additional 30% plus another for $10 off of $30. So, drumroll please, they came to $33 for both! I love the impact they make and they will probably be somewhere in my house all year long! The candles are more of the flameless type so now the sun room can begin flickering at 6 P.M. also without me running around and lighting everything!



I was looking for more wooden eggs when daughter #3 told me she had some she didn't want. They are larger than any others I have and I love that they aren't even the traditional Easter pastels. They came in their own little nest so all I had to do was transfer them to the pedestal bowl I made a few years ago.



One thing that the winter brought was an abundance of gerbera daisies in my garden. I always seem to have
a bouquet of them somewhere and this gift from daughter #1 is the perfect display for these beauties.



And, further proof that Easter is fast approaching.....I finally got the grass seed planted. Hope it will be ready in 12 days! Stay tuned.

Trouble posting. Hope you are reading this.



No comments:

Post a Comment