decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Let's Wrap It Up

I just got back from my last grocery trip for this season...thank goodness. I am taking a Christmas tree crudite' platter to my daughter's house for one of our appetizers and, even though I was able to buy everything for our meal last week, I wanted the veggies to be as fresh as possible. I know I could have waited until Saturday but I have done that before and never again! I just made it today. I didn't get as early a start as I had hoped and, by the time I was leaving the store, there was not ONE empty parking place anywhere near the store. Maybe everyone thought the way I did and went today and it will be empty on Saturday. Lol

In any case, I'm wrapping up lots of little things today, I will clean a bit tomorrow and start to cook and set tables on Saturday before I head over to Jen's for church and dinner. That means, I need to finish up this tour that feels like it started months ago. We've got the baths and master bedroom left to go.




This is my bathroom with, once again, just a nod to the holiday so things are still functional.




And, of course, I have to have a bit of the holiday spirit in my bedroom as well...not to mention another place for all of the extra pictures.




All of the guest rooms are decorated now as well...but you'll just have to take my word for that. I forgot to take pictures. Lol

I had a bit of time yesterday and I also had an unfinished piece of laser cut wood that I had picked up at HL for 70% off so I decided to put on some Christmas music and sit down and paint it. I know there are dozens of things I could have done to it to make it fancier or have a bit more of a presence but, I enjoy just the peacefulness of simple painting-so that is what I did. I used three different greens for the leaves, a basic red for the words and copper for the branch. When the paint was dry, I gave it a bit of a sanding to distress, pulled a ribbon through the hole and hung it on the closet door in the corner of the family room. There are probably many other places it could go to look better but, since everything else already has a place this year, that will have to wait until next year.


 I probably won't be back to share our holiday photos until after we're back from Charleston so I will just wish everyone the merriest of Christmases and a blessed new year! And, until I "see" you again, stay safe and stay tuned.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment