decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Hippity Hoppity...

I am definitely playing catch-up on the Easter decor. Part of it is because I really gave myself such a short window with all of the St. Pat's decor up until March 18 but also because I have been having fun with friends and family and keeping really busy. Since I leave early in the morning, I figured I had better at least get one more room posted before I go. Off we go into the kitchen.



One more holiday where the little things are so easy to grab out of this old carpenter's box.







I am loving this little daffodil painting done for me as a birthday gift from a friend of many years. She is the one that did my beautiful pumpkin paintings last fall. She has really become very sought after and her work is all so colorful and happy. She saw my FB post about the beautiful spring bouquet gifted me by daughter #2 and that daffodils were my favorite flower. She said that is because they are my "birth month" flower and made me this beautiful little painting to commemorate that fact. I have had the mini-faux plant for a few years and I love it in the treat jar from daughter #3 so this little vignette is like serendipity! Sorry the picture was so hard to shoot. I think she uses a glaze over her paints and it is impossible to just a clear shot of them.









Gee, I didn't have much to say about that tour. That's either because I really didn't change much or I'm in a hurry to get this posted-or a bit of both. I am off to St. Pete in the morning. I'm heading down with daughter #2 and grand daughter #3 to visit daughter #1 and grand daughter #4 for a few days. Then it is back here for a day and then daughter #1 and grand daughter #4 will be here. Hoping to spend a bit of time with the 3 little ones that live here and do some traditional Easter things before we hop in the car and head to Tallahassee on Friday to spend Easter weekend with grand daughter #2. If that has you totally confused, don't feel bad. I'm living it and not sure I have it straight myself. Easter is always a hard holiday to get us ALL together because of all of the different spring break schedules involved. At least we will manage to get a few of the cousins together at different times this week so we're doing better than I thought we would. I will try to get back for another post or two in between but if not, I know I will have much to share the next time we visit. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment