decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 4, 2017

Summertime...

...and the living is easy. I realized this morning how slow my life becomes this time of year. We are in the dog days of summer and not only is there no reason to celebrate-other than the fact that we're all still breathing-but I don't have the energy to even think up a project-and we all know how much I love a good project.

And so, today's post is just to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth but things are just slow around here. Today is though, our youngest grand daughter's birthday and we ran over to her house this morning to sing Happy Birthday to her and give her her presents before she headed out of town for yet one more vacation before school starts next week. She will be having a little friend get-together next week but we didn't want to miss her real day.

Thank goodness that a "little birdie" shared with me some gift ideas. Apparently we got the idea from the top of the list because this little one who is totally "horse" obsessed these days was beside herself when she opened our presents. It always makes me happy to put a smile on a grand child's face-especially this cute one!




I'm off to check water in fountains and flower boxes. I told you things were slow around here. But there is hope for a change of things soon...school and football and riding will be starting, temperatures will change, all things pumpkin will appear and I will come back to life soon. I promise! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment