decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 3, 2017

Make "Hay" While the Sun Shines

That is what I have been trying to do of late. Our drought has finally broken...with a vengeance! We are now in our typical Florida rainy season-which usually means sun in the morning with rain coming in in the afternoon. But, of late, our rain has come in in torrents with lots of wind, thunder and lightening. I guess we need to be a little more careful what we wish for!

In any case, we have been so busy in the mornings that I haven't had much chance at all to get outside before the bad weather would arrive each afternoon. I finally had a bit of a chance the last few days and boy had things gotten ahead of me. I put my "new eyes" on and realized that most of the things that I keep as bushes were now FULL BLOWN trees. I wish I had taken a before picture but the minute the loppers and clippers touched my hands, I was off and running.

Things look so much better-albeit anemic in some cases but with the continuing rainy season, I know everything will be back up and bushy in no time!

Without a before picture, you can't appreciate that just yesterday you could almost not see this gazebo. It is surrounded by lots of tea olives and other bushes that apparently will just keep on growing if not kept in check.



If you were to look at all of those bushes right now, about all you would see is empty stems...and here's why:


Seven garbage cans worth and that growing pile! I am feeling quite accomplished although there is a lot more to do-including spreading 20 more bags of mulch. But, there is always tomorrow...while the sun shines! "If" the sun shines! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment