decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Don't Wish Your Life Away

I can hear this phrase echoing in my ears. It is something my mom would often say to me as I was continuously looking into the future. Carpe Diem. I try, but this time of year I find it particularly difficult. I DO NOT LIKE HEAT! I love living in Florida because I also don't like all of the "stuff" that goes with living in a cold climate-like coats, sweaters, scarves, boots, wool socks-well, you get the idea. I have lived in Florida since I was a young girl and I am used to walking out the door with just keys in hand and not having to think about layers of clothing before I leave.

But, that being said, there are times when TOO HOT is just TOO HOT-even to be in the pool. And this is just the time of year when that happens! At least for us old folks! At least for THIS old folk!!

And so, this is the time of year when I begin the "wishing away" stuff. I wish it was September. I wish it was autumn. I wish summer was OVER!!

And so, today I will happily begin removing the red, white and blue of summer and transition into the warmer colors of the Mediterranean and a profusion of sunflowers! There is something about those colors and that "vibe" that will even out my mood again. At least I hope it willbecause the breath-stealing heat of summer makes me GRUMPY!

So, here we go! Living room is always the first room I get done. Not too many changes from last year but it says late summer to me.


Whoa! I'm slipping. I left the scale empty-not like me. I will have to find something to clutter fill it with soon.














Sunflowers and citrus-pretty much the order of the day. Heading out to chop up some more of the reno debris still hanging around but I will be back soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment