decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 1, 2013

We Know How To Do It!

We always joke in our family that it is our "birthday month", so bring on the spoiling. And, while there may be a bit of jest in that statement, there is also a bit of truth. We girls get treated pretty well.

I have a birthday coming up VERY soon and won't be seeing any of my girls on "the real day". I am fine with that. We celebrate all kinds of things whenever we can be together. But, it is making my husband feel bad and I apparently am the beneficiary of those feelings.

Hubby started by taking me out to dinner last night at Bonefish. I love Bonefish but I do not like having to wait for an hour for a table so we usually try to go a bit early and not on Wed.(Bang-Bang Shrimp special), Friday or Saturday. We got a fabulous booth, lovely wine and my favorite appetizer, salad, meal AND dessert on them for my birthday! It took us forever to eat all of that, but eat we did and I enjoyed every bite!

Cards with lovely sentiments have been coming all week and yesterday hubby delivered two tickets to the Little Theater here in town for tomorrow's matinee of "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum". That will be followed by dinner at another of my favorite haunts-do you see a bit of a pattern here? Food is almost always involved where I am concerned.

And then, the doorbell rang a few minutes ago and this lovely surprise showed up. Everyone knows how much I love fresh flowers and these smell fabulous!






I have been giving myself permission to do just what I want as a birthday present to me. So, of course, St. Pat's tweaking was involved. Had these two things waiting in the back of my mind, so I got to them this morning.

.


This shelf looked kind of "lost" in my previous post so I think the addition of this banner gave it a bit of balance and I like it more. I found the download at "papergravy.com".



I have been using chalkboards in my decorating for awhile now, but always the real thing. All of a sudden, chalkboard printables have been popping up all over blogland. For some reason this one spoke to me so I printed it and framed it. I initially put it under glass but realized it would look more "chalkboardy" if it weren't shiny so I removed the glass and, in person, it really looks like I could have just sketched it out-smudges and all. I found it at "Under the Table and Dreaming" blog.

Well, I am off to get ready to head to a gathering of old friends. Someone I have known and taught with for years and at two different schools is back in town visiting and another friend is having a little get-together for her. Then, it will be home to see what other surprises my "birthday month" has in store for me. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment