decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 29, 2012

"Mums" the Word!

Wow! October has been a whirlwind!!! I can hardly believe it is almost over. I will be sad. But, I have managed to fit in so many fun times that I haven't had a minute to get to this computer and post about them.

Thought I would use the next few posts to bring you up to date. Today's post will be just a short one as I prepare to edit ALL of the other fun times I want to share with you!

I'm not much of a "mummy" person, but if you need a quick and easy craft of any kind, a mummy will usually fill the bill.

My three youngest grand children were at our house for the day while Mom & Dad headed to a Gator game. Wanted to find a craft they could do but I didn't have a lot of time to plan or shop so I hit my supply cabinets-yes, I said cabinets! I have many because over the years I have tried every craft  known and I am a firm believer of "more is more". I love to have a handy supply of all things crafts and this is a case in point.

Headed to the cabinets and found 3 leftover 2x4 blocks with the clothespins already attached ( left over from an old 4th of July picture holder project). I let the kids paint them white and then I simply gave them strips of cheese cloth to wrap around. Because the wood was a little rough, the cheesecloth pretty much stuck to the block by itself, but occasionally we would add a drop of glue just to be sure. Then, wobble eyes were added. So simple and so cute.




|

Yes, I know I said "eyes" were added but who said there can't be a cyclops mummy? We ran outside and took the pictures of them holding their masterpieces, came in and let them help me edit and choose which was their favorite, printed and had waiting for Mommy and Daddy when they returned home that night.



Mummies also popped up the weekend all of the kids were at our house for Nana & Papa's Halloween Fest. I like things the kids can really do themselves and these french bread pizzas are perfect. After all, there is no wrong way to "wrap a mummy". Took this picture before they went in the oven but never got one of the finished product.


The mummified Oreos were also "all kid crafted"-no way to make a mistakes. Simply melt white chocolate bark in the microwave, cover cookies, add 2 mini M&Ms and drizzle more chocolate-yummy!


Since all of these projects had worked so well, when I needed some hand made Halloween cards - but I was still in the throes of costume making so I knew it had to be quick - I once again reverted to the cheesecloth wrap. It really could not have been easier and I love the results.



So that is it for today. So much more to share. I know I have you on the edge of your seats. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment